TATTOO REMOVAL TRAINING
ADD A NEW SERVICE TO YOUR MENU!
1 DAY TRAINING PROGRAM
Have you seen someone with old tattooed eyebrows or brows that have faded to pink, grey, orange, red, blue, or purple? Do you know anyone who has had bad microblading and just wants it removed?
At Covet Beauty Studio, we train you how to remove old/bad permanent makeup in a safe manner that is not damaging to one’s skin. Tattoo Removal is a great treatment for any PMU Artist to add on to their list of services because unfortunately, you can’t just cover up old work with new work.
BECOME THE ARTIST EVERYONE IS SEEKING.
WHAT'S IN IT
- A Customized Tattoo Removal Education Program
- A Comprehensive Manual to Refer Back to
- Two Experienced Trainers
- Individual and Group Training Available
- Continued Support is available after Training
- Professional Kit- Including a PMU machine, Tattoo Removal Solution, 2 Numbing Creams, Ink cups and 10 Cartridges
- Live Demonstration
- Practice on a Live Model
- Rentable Space to Work in After Completed Training
- Learn and Work in a Licensed and Insured Body Art Facility
- Discounts on Other Trainings Offered
The Tattoo Removal Training Class will teach you how to safely and effectively remove old brow tattoos and permanent makeup. If you are a current PMU Artist then you should know that you can’t always cover up old work with new work and hope it stays and looks beautiful. More times than not, old work must be removed before starting again.
You will learn:
- How to use a Permanent Makeup machine (in case you don’t already)
- How to safely and effectively remove one’s permanent makeup with the given Alkaline Solution.
- We will go over other methods of removal so you are well versed in why you offer what you do and why it’s a client’s best option.
- Who is/isn’t a good candidate for removal.
- You will get to work on a live client during class.
UPCOMING TRAINING DATES
*$500 Deposit Required
Most frequent questions and answers
Day 1: 9AM-4PM
*Snacks will be provided.
We will not accept any more than five students in a class. You will always have access to two trainers. We keep the groups small to ensure everyone gets ample attention and direction.
We require a $500 deposit. The remaining $700 is due one week prior to day one of class. You may pay via card or cash. Deposits are non-refundable.
We do not offer a payment plan but Paypal has a 6-month line of credit at 0% and some credit cards will offer the same thing.
- PMU Machine
- Tattoo Machine Covers
- Adhesive Wrap for Machine
- 10 Cartridges
- 2 Numbing Creams
- Alkaline Solution
- Pigment Cups
Tattoo removal with an alkaline solution is a very gentle, yet effective way to remove one’s permanent makeup. Ion is deposited into the skin, oxides in the solution bind to the oxides in the ink and lift it to the surface.
With saline removal, a salt paste is deposited into the skin and it removes ink by exfoliating the ink out of the skin and on to the surface. Due to the texture of the paste, trauma can be caused to the skin because it is abrasive. This can ultimately lead to scarring. Saline removal also works slower than alkaline removal.
We will dive more into different types of removal, including laser, in training but in my opinion, lasers are one of the worst ways to remove PMU out of one’s skin. They can damage the epidermis and the dermis leaving behind discolored skin and scar tissue. After even just one treatment, the skin can become and stay raised due to scar tissue build up underneath. Most that want their old tattoo removed want new work done and if the skin is raised and there is heavy scar tissue underneath, the skin can no longer hold ink in that area.
Every state and county is different so be sure to check with your local health department. County Health Departments are who regulate Permanent Makeup in each county as PMU is a form of tattooing. Most states will require you to at least have your Bloodborne Pathogen Certificate but since the requirements can vary, it’s important for you to check what’s required for your specific area. It’s also important for you to have liability insurance and a business license but we will guide you through this process during class.
For most states, California included, you do not need any formal type of license such as an esthetician or cosmetology license in order to perform Tattoo Removal.
We are located in San Diego county and you will need to complete the following before class since you will be working on a live model.
NEW PRACTITIONER CHECKLIST (you will need to submit):
- Application for Practitioner Registration
- Practitioner Location of Operation Agreement NEW (as of 2018)
- Bloodborne Pathogens Training Certificate (Click here for Approved Trainer List)
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Status (one of the following): Hep B Vaccination Record, Declination Form or Antibody Laboratory Results
- Photo ID (you must be at least 18 years old)