WHAT IS MICROSHADING?
A Microshading brow is a combination brow combining microblading strokes with machine shading. Like microblading, results typically last 1-3 years depending on your skin type.
If you have naturally sparse brow hair or uneven brow growth, a combination brow is perfect for you! Soft shading blends out any unevenness in the growth and can give a more 3D result. It is also ideal for those looking for a more defined or filled in brow. We can add as much or as little shading to give a variety of different looks!
This is a beautiful look for all skin types (including oily/aging skin), and heals very soft and beautiful.
If you are unsure of what service to book, a combination brow is the safest choice!
What They Are Saying
Most frequent questions and answers
Microshading initial session $600
Required Touch up (5-10 weeks) $150
Permanent makeup is designed to fade over time. Factors such as skin type, lifestyle, age, metabolism, medications, and pigment color affect the longevity of the tattoo. The sun and some kinds of lighting (tanning beds) can affect the rate at which these pigments are broken down. Following the given aftercare instructions is critical to getting your best healed results, and touch-up your brows every 12-24 months (as needed). Touch-ups are normal and expected for permanent cosmetics.
*Please note that final results vary and CANNOT be guaranteed due to the nature of skin as it heals. A follow-up appointment is recommended 6-10 weeks after your initial session where we can assess your pigment retention and perfect your permanent makeup!
Unfortunately, not everyone is a candidate for permanent makeup. I want each of my clients to get the absolute best results possible, and not every skin type accommodates that. The following list will disqualify you from currently receiving permanent makeup. With questions regarding your specific case, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
You are not a candidate if you are…
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Currently using or have been on Accutane within the last 12 months
- Have a freshly tanned/sunburned face
- Are taking blood thinning medications (may be a candidate for powder brows, please email email@example.com)
- Are currently undergoing treatment for cancer
- Chemotherapy or Radiation treatment within last 12 months
- All clients must be at least 18 years old
- Oily Skin: Increased oil production can cause hair strokes to blur and fade very quickly, or not stick at all. If you have combination or oily skin, you are a candidate for a combination or powder brows, but not for microblading.
- Sun Exposure: Increased exposure to the sun will cause premature fading. I recommend all my clients purchase Cannasmack Ink Guard on Amazon to protect their healed brows from the sun.
- Excessive Bleeding: Excessive bleeding during your procedure will greatly affect how your body retains pigment. Pinpoint bleeding throughout the procedure is normal, but excessive bleeding causes pigment to fade very quickly and heal ashy. While bleeding is not entirely in our control, it is important that you follow before care instructions to help minimize bleeding. This includes avoiding blood thinning medications and alcohol 24 hours before your procedure.
Improper Aftercare: Not following the given aftercare instructions will greatly diminish your healed results. Follow all aftercare instructions exactly for the best results!
Most clients report little to no pain throughout their procedure. While pain tolerance varies between clients, a topical Lidocaine is used throughout the procedure to make sure you’re comfortable.
Preparing for your appointment is just as important for good healed results as post care. Failure to follow pre-care may result in you being sent home the day of your appointment, so please read the following carefully! Coming prepared to your appointment means better healed results and a better overall experience.
2 WEEKS BEFORE:
- BOTOX: If you regularly get Botox or Dysport, it must be done at least 14 days prior to your appointment. The pigment takes at least that long to settle in the skin. Receiving it within 14 days of your appointment will result in being sent home and needing to reschedule.
- WAXING/THREADING: I recommend coming to your appointment with your brows grown out, no need to have them cleaned up before! I prefer to see how they grow naturally, and will clean them up for you at your appointment. If you need to clean them up beforehand, please do so at least 2 weeks before your appointment. If you tint your brows, please do so at least 7 days prior.
- RETIN-A: Please refrain from using any retin-a products in the brow area for 2 weeks leading up to your appointment.
24 HOURS BEFORE:
- To minimize bleeding during the procedure, please avoid any alcohol and excessive caffeine. Blood thinning medications such as Ibuprofen and Advil should also be avoided unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Map directions to the studio. I have a strict 10 minute late policy, so please plan ahead to make sure you know how long the commute to the studio takes, and plan for traffic if appropriate.
DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Wash your hair! You won’t be able to get your brows wet for the next 10-14 days, so wash your hair beforehand to give yourself a few extra days before your next wash!
- Avoid exercise. Exercising increases blood flow and will cause excessive bleeding, leading to poor healed results.
- Makeup: You are welcome to come to your appointment with or without makeup on. We will be taking lots of photos, so come however you are most comfortable. If you regularly fill in your brows, coming with at least your brows filled in helps me see your regular shape.
- RELAX! Feeling nervous is normal. We are going to work together to create your dream brows! Take a deep breath and get excited!
I require that anyone who has had their brows done previously by another artist text me a picture before booking an appointment.
I typically only go over other artists work if it’s at least 75-90% faded, and all new clients to me are considered initial sessions.
I want to give my clients the very best, and help create their dream brows. If I don’t think we can achieve what you’re wanting with your existing work, I will give recommendations on how to help the ink fade more quickly or recommend a removal artist.
Please email current photos of your brows, along with your goal photo to firstname.lastname@example.org before booking to make sure I am comfortable working over the existing work.
Immediately after getting your brows done, you may experience minor redness or swelling around the treated area, which typically goes away within 24 hours. Over the next few hours, the pigment in the skin will oxidize, making the brows look darker and warmer (red) than they were initially. This is normal and expected. Pigment typically fades anywhere from 20-40% once fully healed.
Around day 7-9, you may notice light scabbing and flaking on the treated area. This is normal! Please refrain from picking at the brows. Doing so will result in loss of pigment in those areas and can cause scarring. Brows may appear spotty or patchy until the entire brow has finished healing. Once all the flaking is complete (usually around day 10-14), the brows will appear much lighter. The pigment will darken over the next 4-6 weeks and the pigment will return to the skin in its healed color.
At 4-6 weeks, your brows will be fully healed. Whatever pigment that does not return will be addressed at your touch up appointment. At this appointment, we will assess your retention, touch up the spots that didn’t stick, and can adjust the pigment color to give you perfect brows! Once the brows have healed from your touch up appointment, you will have beautiful, full brows for 12-36 months!
Following the given aftercare is crucial to obtain the best results! All clients are expected to follow the following instructions exactly to get the best healed results! All products needed for your aftercare will be provided to you at your appointment.
o Keep your new brows dry until ALL flaking has stopped. This means keeping them dry in the shower, and avoiding sweating, saunas, and steam for the next 10-14 days. No working out until all flaking has finished.
o Cleanse morning and night for 2 days with a damp cotton round.
o Apply a thin layer of aftercare balm to the brows 2-3x a day for 10-14 days.
o No makeup can go on or around the brows for 14 days. You may wear makeup around the brows, but leave at least one inch around them at all times to prevent infection.
o Avoid direct sun exposure for 2 weeks. Please plan vacations and outings accordingly to avoid as much sun as possible.
o Do not touch, pick, rub, or scratch the brows. Do not pick the scabs or flakes as they come off, this will remove the pigment and lead to patchiness and scarring.
o No anti-aging or acne products on the brows ever (anything with Retinol, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, etc.) Must wait 30 days before returning to face cleansers that have any of these ingredients.
Yes! PMU is a two-step process, and a touch up is strongly recommended to get the best results. Also known as the “perfecting session”, a touch up is done 6-10 weeks after your initial session, and is where we assess your retention, perfect the shape and color, and add more dimension. Touch ups are very important and add to the overall results and longevity of your PMU.
At this time, I do not offer in person consult appointments. If you have a specific question or concern, or if you are unsure of what service is right for you please email/text me pictures of your brows prior to booking an appointment. I book extra time for each appointment to make sure we go over all your questions and concerns beforehand.
If you are in need of correction work or have had your brows tattooed elsewhere, please email me current photos before booking.
Initial sessions take 2-3 hours.
Touch up appointments take 1-2 hours.
All booking is done online through my booking site. Click the “Book Appointment” link below to be directed to my booking site.
All deposits are nonrefundable. Deposits are non transferable within 48 hours of your appointment. This deposit must be paid to reserve the appointment.
48 hours notice is required to make any changes to your appointment.
Any cancellations after that will result in a loss of your DEPOSIT.
No-shows will result in a loss of your deposit.
All deposits are non-refundable. If you reschedule at least 48 hours in advance, the deposit will be applied to the new appointment. Cancelling the appointment or rescheduling within 48 hours of your appointment results in losing your deposit and being required to pay a new one for the next appointment!
A non-refundable deposit is required for all appointment requests. The remaining balance is due at your appointment.
Payment at your appointment may be made using a debit/credit card or cash/venmo.
*All clients are required to be 18+ years of age, with or without parents consent