WHAT IS EYELINER?
Upper and lower lash liner enhancement is the most natural form of permanent eyeliner. It is simple and elegant for everyone as the liner is only done on the lash line. This style makes the eyes appear brighter and achieves a gorgeous “eyelash tint” look.
These services heal within 7 days. Minimal swelling is normal for 24-48 hours. The more you ice the day of your appointment the less swelling you will have.
All services require a 6 week follow-up appointment to perfect the shape. Eyes retain the best pigment, therefore you will expect to get 3-7 years out of this treatment or more.
What They Are Saying
Most frequent questions and answers
Need this content. 🙏
At Covet Beauty Studio we customize the design of your lash line or permanent eyeliner based on your individual needs, shape of your eyes, as well as personal style. Your artist will work with you to help choose color and design.
- Define your eyes
- No more smudges, smears, or worn-off eyeliner
- Great for people with allergies to cosmetic products
- Saves time and money
- Great for people with unsteady hands or vision problems
- Swim, shower or exercise with confidence
- Fills in thin or light colored eyelashes
- Ideal for total eyelash loss due to trichotillomania or Alopecia
You must be 18 years or older to receive Permanent Makeup at Covet Beauty Studio.
As a precaution, we do not perform cosmetic tattooing on pregnant or nursing women.
The eyeliner or lash line procedure is more psychologically scary to most clients than anything else. The discomfort is relative as everyone has a different level of sensitivity. A pre-numbing anesthetic is applied to the eyelids for numbing prior and during the procedure. Every effort is made to ensure you remain comfortable for the duration of the procedure.
Pre-Care Instructions are designed and MUST be strictly followed to limit bleeding and skin sensitivities during the service. Excessing bleeding and sensitivity during the procedure will dilute and expel the pigment color and lead to poor results.
Having this service performed during your menstrual cycle may increase discomfort during your procedure.
If you are a frequent smoker or “sun worshipper” the topical anesthetics used during the treatment may not last as long and can lead to poor retention and poor lasting results.
Please review our detailed “Pre & Post Care”. Instructions for Eyeliner. It is highly beneficial to follow these instructions to ensure a comfortable (and safe) healing process and to achieve the best possible results.
There will be swelling. The swelling may last up to 48 hours. The color will appear darker the first week. This will gradually lighten during the complete healing process. No need to go into hiding 🙂
Please stop using all lash serums for a minimum of 3 months prior to your permanent eyeliner procedure. The reason is that those types of serums are stimulants. They will make your eyelids too fragile and vascular for cosmetic tattooing. As a result, your eyelids will bleed and bruise. After your eyeliner procedure is completed, you should wait 4 weeks to start your serum usage again.
It is normal to experience minimal swelling and tenderness immediately following your procedure. This usually subsides within a few hours. The first week following your treatment, the pigment will appear much darker than how it will appear once it has healed. Around the 1st or 2nd week post procedure, the skin naturally exfoliates and sheds. During weeks 4-8 when the skin completes healing, you will see the pigment become more visible. An Enhancement Session visit approximately 6-10 weeks after your first initial appointment is necessary in order to achieve that richness of color, achieve symmetry, and density in the shape.
Permanent eyeliner is a cosmetic tattoo. The pigment will fade over time and we recommend Touch-Up to keep them looking their best. There is no guarantee in how long it lasts as everyone has very different skin and lifestyle.
Please note that final results cannot be guaranteed as each unique skin type will hold pigments differently and break down at different rates. We will re-evaluate how your skin has received the pigment at your touch-up appointment and make any changes. Two appointments are recommended initially. Each of these appointments being 6-10 weeks apart. At your Enhancement Session, we will assess the color retention and make any adjustments necessary. Everyone heals differently and at different rates. If your eyeliner tattoo does not heal perfectly
Bleeding during the procedure: Excessive bleeding during the tattooing procedure will reduce the amount of pigment absorption. Alcohol, certain medications and vitamins, as well as any blood-thinners and should be avoided a minimum of 48 hours prior to your appointment.
Sun exposure: The sun will extremely soften the look of your tattoo, and may also change the color appearance of the pigment. Whenever possible, we encourage our clients to wear sunglasses and hats to protect their beautiful eyeliner (and eyeballs too)!
Lifestyle: smokers, “sun worshippers”, or anyone with skin that is in a state of distress may have less desirable results.
* The color will fade over time. Fading greatly depends on your skin type, lifestyle, sun exposure, pigment color used, broken capillaries, iron deficiency.
* Wear protective sunglasses and hats when in the sun also tanning bed goggles over eyes while tanning to prevent premature fading of your eyeliner.
* If you are planning an MRI, please inform the technician that you have had an iron-oxide cosmetic tattoo.
* If you are planning to have laser treatments, tell your laser specialist to avoid the pigmented area and provide you with necessary eye protection.
Touch up appointments are optional. We suggest that if you want to maintain your eyeliner so that it always looks its best, plan on scheduling a touch up once every two years.
We reserve the right to deny service to anyone at our discretion.If you have (or had) any of the following contraindicated conditions below, please contact us (email@example.com)beforescheduling your eyeliner to ensure you are a candidate. Diagnosed conditions that are waived may be required to bring a doctor’s note stating their approval.
- If you have had any type of eye surgery, including cataract, Lasik, and/or blepharoplasty, you must consult your physician and get clearance. Most physicians require 3-9 months before you can have your eyeliner done. This is because there is slight pressure and stretching on and around the eye during the procedure.
- Vascular Eyelids
- Previously tattooed eyeliner
- Upcoming vacation
- Pregnant or nursing
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Pacemaker or heart conditions
- Had an Organ transplant
- Tendency towards keloids or scarring
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Had Botox in the past 2 months
- Used Accutane in the past year
- Taken Doxycycline in the past 6 months
- Allergies to anesthetic (lidocaine) or epinephrine
- Extremely oily or problematic skin
- Cancer or chemotherapy
- Auto-immune diseases
For your eyeliner to heal properly (and look their best) these Pre-& Post Care Instructions found below are of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE! Pre-Care instructions are designed to limit bleeding and skin sensitivities during the service. Excessing bleeding during the procedure will dilute the pigment color and lead to poor results!
- Arrive WITHOUT any eye makeup or eyelashes on
- Remove eyelash extensions one week prior to eyeliner procedure
- Discontinue Latisse and any other lash growth serum for a minimum of 4 weeks prior
- No lash tinting, lifting, perming or curling for a minimum of one week prior
- If you wear contacts, please do not wear them to your appointment and refrain from wearing them for a minimum of 24 hours after the procedure is finished.
- Do not work out 48 hours before procedure.
- NO alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
- Avoid sun and tanning on your face two weeks prior to procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, Nutritional Shakes (Shakeology, etc), “Hair, Skin, Nail” supplements two weeks prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A, Chemical and Laser Peels, Microdermabrasions, Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), and any chemical exfoliant or “brightening” skincare at least 6 weeks prior (Once your eyeliner has fully healed, you must cover your tattoo area with VASELINE prior to the use of these products to prevent premature fading).
- It is recommended to begin taking Arnica and/or bromelain one week prior to procedure.
Please Note:You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
Do not wear contact lenses during the procedure or for 24 hrs after.
- Have sunglasses available. Eyes may be light sensitive or even dilated immediately after. The sunglasses are also handy for hiding puffy eyes.
- Take Tylenol as necessary for discomfort.
- Eyes may feel dry or irritated. Lubricating refresher drops may be used.
- Apply ointment with clean fingers twice daily for 10 days after cleaning. No scrubbing or rubbing.
- Do not pick or pull off the sloughing pigment, let it fall off naturally! Itching is normal.
- You may apply a clean ice pack (which must be protected with a wet barrier film of paper towel, towel or cloth) for 10-minute intervals for the first 48 hours. Ice may be applied every hour or so, if desired. Do not put ice directly on the area.
- Refrain wearing makeup on or around the eyes for a minimum of 7 days.
- Do not use an eyelash curler for 2 weeks. Clean eyelash curler with alcohol prior to using.
- Refrain from eyelash extensions for a minimum of 2 weeks post your eyeliner procedure.
- Avoid Retin-A, Glycolic Acids, and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) near eyes to prevent premature fading.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing and can also cause hyperpigmentation and scarring.
- NO underwater swimming and bathing for 4 weeks to avoid bacterial infection.
- Avoid pools, sauna, steam rooms, steamy showers, and hot baths for 10 days.
- Avoid sweating on your face for 10 days. Sweating through or on the brows will expel pigment from the dermis producing poor “patchy results.
- Exposure to the sun and tanning beds will cause premature fading and discoloration of the pigment.
- Apply a physical sunscreen daily on brow area once completely healed (10 days). We love Skinceuticals Physical Fusion.
- For further sun protection wear hats, sunglasses, and stay in the shade!
- Lasers will alter the color of the pigment. 20% zinc oxide must cover your brow tattoo prior to any laser services.
- Yearly touch ups are recommended to maintain your results.
- Certain skincare products and services will cause premature fading of your brow tattoo and may also alter the pigment color. Please apply a barrier layer of Vaseline over your eyeliner tattoo before use of any of the following: glycolic acid, salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, hydroquinone, retinol/retin-a, vitamin c, peels, microdermabrasion, Obagi,or anything anything that brightens or treats hyperpigmentation.
- Frequent chlorine swimmers, please apply a barrier layer of Vaseline over your tattoo prior to swimming, to prevent premature fading.
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for those who fail to follow our Pre and Post Care Instructions. Failing to follow the above instructions will result in your COVET BEAUTY STUDIO artist denying your service and possibly future services. There are no implied or written guarantees, especially if you do not follow instructions!
All booking is done online through my booking site. Click the “Book Appointment” link below to be directed to my booking site.
All deposits are nonrefundable. Deposits are non transferable within 48 hours of your appointment. This deposit must be paid to reserve the appointment.
48 hours notice is required to make any changes to your appointment.
Any cancellations after that will result in a loss of your DEPOSIT.
No-shows will result in a loss of your deposit.
All deposits are non-refundable. If you reschedule at least 48 hours in advance, the deposit will be applied to the new appointment. Cancelling the appointment or rescheduling within 48 hours of your appointment results in losing your deposit and being required to pay a new one for the next appointment!
A non-refundable deposit is required for all appointment requests. The remaining balance is due at your appointment.
Payment at your appointment may be made using a debit/credit card or cash/venmo.
*All clients are required to be 18+ years of age, with or without parents consent