What to Expect
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR NEW MICROBLADED BROWS:
First Day of Treatment
WE WILL DEMO HOW TO DO THIS AT YOUR APPOINTMENT
- LIGHTLY wash the area with your fingertips 1 hour after the appointment, that evening, and one time the following morning
- Tap dry with a tissue
- Apply balm after the first washing
For 14 Days After Treatment
- Continue applying balm 2x per day
- Avoid steam, hot tubs, saunas
- Do not use any cosmetics or makeup on the eyebrows
- Avoid sunlight, sunbathing, etc…
6-8 Weeks After Treatment
- Avoid skin rejuvenation products
- Avoid strong peels
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Immediately following your procedure, the microbladed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like a sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort.
- During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is some scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own.
- The complete healing process takes about 4-6 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true color, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only after 5 weeks that your touch-up/adjustments can be done.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
- You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid getting any water, soaps, shampoos or other cleansers on the treated area for the first five days as they can be detrimental to the bonding process that must take place for the pigment to stabilize in the dermis.
- DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 2-3 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 2 weeks. Cosmetics of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum based products while healing.
- DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area for one month following the procedure.
- DO NOT apply any anti-acne products (e.g. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactiv, etc.) or lightening creams (skin bleaching creams) such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing.
- No anti-aging products or facial products containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, Lactic or Glycolic Acids
- Do NOT thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
- NO exercising and/or sweating for 10-14 days after the treatment.
- NO swimming pools, jacuzzis or other bodies of water for two weeks.
- Do NOT soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly in your face for two weeks.